Sunday, August 18, 2013

Terri's Journal: Final Entry


Today is my final day at the Museum -- it’s been fourteen unpredictable and wholly enjoyable weeks since I started way back in May.  

I try not to begin anything, much less a job, with the mindset of simply “getting through it” and instead try to find the challenge or joy in what I’m doing, but that can sometimes be very hard. I found no such difficulties in my time here. I am well used to jobs that have a set timeframe, but this is the first job that I’ve left feeling that I could get more done with more time. Still, I can quantify my contributions to the museum and that’s a very good feeling. I feel a certain sense of accomplishment having completed my time here; I’ve finished what I set out to do.

A never ending stream of thank yous to Kimiko for giving me this opportunity and providing such a dynamic and wonderful workplace; to Matthew for making me laugh and never getting frustrated by my repetitive questions about the cash register; to Gary for letting me be his Vana; to all the wonderful board members and volunteers who gave me so much support. It’s been pleasure working with and getting to know you all.

I’ve learned a lot about our community this summer, met a lot of neat people, and gained some life skills and work experience. And I got paid to do it, too!

For the last time,

Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know what you think...