Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Terri's Journal: Week One


Well, my first week here at the museum has come and gone and I’d say I’m more knowledgeable for it. There are at least five questions about the museum I could answer on my own now. I won’t tell you what they are, but if you guess correctly, you’ll receive the grand prize of an intelligent answer.

During my first few days we had Ms. O’hara’s Grade 3/4 class in for museum school, so things were a little hectic. It seems unnaturally quiet now without the sound of all that excitement. Check out the photos we took of the kids in this post.

 I’d say my favourite task so far has been double checking our digital photo archives. We want to make sure our digital files match our physical archives and that we have the most accurate digital copy we can get. I’ve been though nearly 400 photos now and I’m starting to recognize places and people that lived over 100 years ago. If any of you have access to a time machine, take me on your next trip to 1900 and I can be your tour guide!

Don’t forget, this Saturday is George and Charlotte Gibson Day. If you can’t make it, I’ll fill you in with a recap this time next week.

Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know what you think...