Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Terri's Journal: Week Four

Okay, I made it. A week of work after so much bed rest has been tiring, but I’m back in the swing of things now.

This week has been a bit of a bustle as we try to get the new Squamish canoe exhibit installed and ready for the opening. It’s really coming along! Most of the text panels are up on the walls and on one wall we’ve installed a huge screen print of an archival photograph showing a group of canoe carvers at work. It’s pretty neat. The official opening for the exhibit is July 20th. For more info check our facebook or this post.

Some of my time this week was spent polishing up old sports trophies for preservation. They’re all from the early part of the last century, and they looked it. After some very messy work, I’ve managed to get them shiny again! The winners of these trophies would be proud.

My other special task was to scour through all the Beachcombers photos in our archives and select a few for a new project we’re undertaking. As some of you may know, we are revamping our Beachcombers exhibit this summer, in celebration of the show's 40th anniversary . Along with many other exciting changes, we are making life size cutouts of the characters Nick and Relic. My job was to find some appropriate photos of the actors (Bruno Gerussi and Robert Clothier) to use. It was harder than it sounds: the actors need to be facing forward, in a simple pose, and in costume, just to name a few of the many variables.  I think I found a couple of options to work with in the end. I’m excited to see how they will turn out. We’ll be opening that exhibit on August 17th - I’ll let you know more about that event (and the exhibit) closer to the date.

Well, that’s all for now. Until next w- … You know what? I think it’s still a jinx.

Terri


P.S. Leave me a comment and let me know if there is anything you’d like to hear about in this weekly journal. There’s only so much I can say about me, maybe there’s another topic you want to read about!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know what you think...