Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Terri’s Journal: Week … Let’s Call It Three


As you undoubtedly noticed (since it is the most important part of your week), I haven’t updated this journal for a couple weeks. I have been off work since the beginning of June due to an unexpected medical issue, but I am much better now and relieved to be back at work. Heck, I’m just happy to leave the house for a purpose that  doesn’t involve a doctor!

A whole lot has changed here at the museum in the 18 days I was absent. One of the first things I noticed was the new Molly’s Reach lapel pins we have in the Gift Shop. They are $4 each.


The gardens look magnificent thanks to our wonderful volunteer Sheila Weaver. She was making some progress when I left, but take a look now:







Lastly, our new canoe exhibit is coming along nicely. The 500 pound canoe which is the centerpiece of the exhibit was (fortunately for me), installed before I started working here and the last two weeks have seen progress beyond that. The exhibit is borrowed from Squamish Lil’wat Cultural Centre and showcases the canoe building practices of the Squamish and Lil’wat waterways that suported their culture for generations. We hope to be able to open the exhibit by June 28th. Here's some pictures of where we're at now:




I won’t make the promise to post again next week because it seems to be a jinx, but until next time,


Terri




No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know what you think...